The smallest letter, the least stroke of a pen...

Thursday, June 22, 2006

My Baby's Growing Up!


My little girl is turning 10. Double digits! Today I took her on our 'Mommy-Daughter' date. (not to be confused with the 'Daddy-Daughter' date!) This is a rare opportunity to be one-on-one without brothers! Yup-it's tradition. We went shopping together at Old Navy, Target, and Barnes & Noble, then we went to her choice of restaurant, Olive Garden. Her favorite thing is the alfredo cheese dip and bread. We had a very sweet time together, just her and me. She's still my little girl but every now and then I get a peek of the young lady she's soon to grow into. It's bitter-sweet isn't it? On Saturday, she's going to a Salon to get her hair cut. Her hair is down to her waist so this is a big deal. My baby. My first. I love you, daughter! Happy Birthday! Love, Mom

4 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

I see why everyone can't post....cuz you have to set up an account...well, that is ok. I guess I love you enough. Besides...I can't beleive Lissy is 10 !!!!

TEN!?!?!?!!!

10:21 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

STOP GROWING UP.

STOP IT!!

- Dean

11:09 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am having a hard time dealing with Ms. Alyssa being 10 already! It seems like it was just yesterday that she was a chubby little 2 year old girl with blonde curls and a smile that can light up a room...wow...next is my Roan turning 4...old age sucks...

-Brandy

10:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TEN YEARS!

- Dean

3:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home