The smallest letter, the least stroke of a pen...

Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Greatest Show on Earth!

Would you believe I've never been to the Circus? That lapse in childhood experiences has now been corrected! Last Saturday we took the kids to the Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey Circus. It was a lot of fun! They had all the traditional circus acts but set in a new show called 'Circus of Dreams'! Kai really liked the tigers. Alyssa loved the cats & dogs act. Roan's favorite was 'the whole thing' and I have to say mine was the motorcycle cage! It was amazing! They had SEVEN motorcycles going three different directions in one tiny ball! This picture only shows maybe 3 or four but they added more later. The acrobats were Dean's favorite. They were amazing, too. It was a bit pricey but definately worth it. At least the first time, I don't know if I'd go every year! It was cool though. We went an hour early for the pre-show where you get to go down on the floor and meet the performers and see some acts up close. They even brought out one of the elephants, a 'Zedonk' (zebra-donkey mix), and 2 Alpacas. (related to the llama, they got to pet these). Also, two clowns came up behind Kai and put a hand on his shoulder. He stood there for a minute until he realized it wasn't me. It scared the bejeebers out of him! (I don't think he's too fond of clowns! Me either actually, creepy!) But, they gave the kids red rubber noses to make up for it. Kai wouldn't let me take a picture of him with it on though! The show itself was longer than I expected. It was 2 hours long with an intermission half-way. So, with the pre-show, we were there for a good 3 hours. Again, I think it was worth the money. However, if you are planning to go, I would suggest you come well fed unless you plan on spending $6.00 on popcorn! Ridiculous!

Roan quote of the day: "Did you know the sky is made out of playdough? Alyssa and Kai told me that!" (They plead the 5th!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The acrobats were truly outstanding. Mind boggling, really.

- D

1:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home