The smallest letter, the least stroke of a pen...

Friday, December 01, 2006

Governor's Carolighting Ceremony

Well, as you know, this year Alyssa is in the District Elementary School Honor Choir. She just had her first concert. This was a pretty big event. It was even televised! It took place on the steps of the State Capitol. Her choir joined with the best singers, and musicians from across the state. (That's her right in the middle of the above photo. She's wearing the white sweater and glasses) Governor Sanford spoke for a few minutes and at the end, his four sons lit the Christmas tree. It was really cool. Alyssa did a great job, too. It was an hour long, but her choir only sang two songs, and had to sit there the whole time without wiggling! This was especially important since they were on TV. She had fun, and so did we. Next week she will be singing at the Irmo Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony, but on the 11th we'll finally get to see her in a full length Christmas concert. She's enjoying choir right now. I hope it sticks! Since I was in choir and love singing, it would be great if at least one of my kids follow in my footsteps!

2 Comments:

Blogger D's Paper Studio said...

I'm hanging around. If I'm up to it I'll update mine sometime this week. I'm out on sick leave for awhile as things have gotten worse. I love seeing your daughter in the Governor's Christmas Tree Lighting. Jacob loved it when he was in it. I hope you were able to tape it.

2:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Alyssa!

- Dean

3:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home