The smallest letter, the least stroke of a pen...

Monday, September 25, 2006

I Solemnly Swear....

Congratulations to Kai! He was recently elected to be a Student Class Representative this year. I even went to his inauguration and watched him be sworn in and everthing! Here he is down on the left:Our friend and neighbor, Naomi, was also elected. She is standing right next to him on the left. Congrats to you, too, Naomi!

As I mentioned on an earlier blog, Alyssa recently auditioned for the District Honor Choir and made it. She is very excited. We just learned that their big trip this year will be to Disney World to sing at Singabration in February. She has never been to Disney before and is beside herself. Also, it is a singular honor. Normally Singabration has only been open to Middle School and High School Choirs. Alyssa's choir is going to be the feature elementary choir, the ONLY elementary choir to participate! This is exciting to me, because I was very involved in choir in high school and twice participated in a similar event, Disney's Candlelight Celebration at christmas. So here I will be at Disney with my own daughter passing the torch!

This past Saturday, I went to Savannah with my friend, Deborah. We went to attend a class at a local scrapbook store. We had a fun time at the class, but the trip itself was the highlight. We had wonderful conversation during the drive. (about 5 hrs round trip) and ate lunch at Molly MacPherson's Scottish Pub and Grill.

It was DELISH! We started off with an appetizer of Scottish Potato Scones with Raspberry sauce. Then, I had Shepherd's Pie and Deborah had Bangers and Mash. For desert we had yummy bread pudding with cream and a strawberry! We even got to meet Molly MacPherson's great-grandaughter! It was such fun. Then we took a drive down River St. and a few of the famous 'Squares' before going on to the class. I LOVE Savannah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home