The smallest letter, the least stroke of a pen...

Friday, August 04, 2006

10 Surprises

This is in response to a 2peas blog challenge: Ten times in my life that I have been surprised!

1.) When I was in 5th grade my parents showed up at school and pulled us out of class to take us to the county fair. We never got to miss school for stuff like that, not even our birthdays! And we'd never been to the fair before, so it was a real treat!

2.) For my 16th birthday, I was in class at school and my mom walked in the door with a cake!

3.) One year I opened a gift under the tree and it was a guinea pig! They only had it wrapped on three sides so it could breath and my parents couldn't believe it stayed quiet all morning and didn't give himself away!

4.) A couple years after getting married Dean gave me an awesome Camera (Nikon 5005) for Christmas!

5.) In the early part of our marraige, we were visiting Dean's Nana. It was Sunday morning and we were getting ready for church. I had just showered, was COMPLETELY naked and Nana walked in without knocking! When she saw how embarrassed I was she said, 'Honey, you haven't got anything I've never seen before." and walked back out!

6.) For Dean's graduation from college, friends who graduated with him (a married couple) took us on a 7 day Carribean Cruise all expenses paid!

7.) I used to work in a swanky law firm. One day on my birthday, Dean showed up dressed to the nines with flowers and serenaded me!

8.) It was a really cool surprise the day Dean came home from work and announced he had been promoted to Vice President with a substantial raise! (The business was only around for about another year, but it was nice while it lasted!)

9.) I am usually a hard person to surprise. I'm nosey, inquisitive, etc. Especially when I have reason to suspect something. Nevertheless, my friend Karlene managed to COMPLETELY surprise me with a baby shower.

10.) It was a real surprise when I received my first email asking if they could publish one of my layouts in their magazine.

This was a cool challenge. I have a smile on my face as I sit here remembering all these surprises and typing them out. It was fun!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved reading about your surprises!

3:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom and I were blessed to see we made the top ten! Dad

6:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops! We don't mean to be anonymous.

6:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home