The smallest letter, the least stroke of a pen...

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Why, why, WHY?!!

My husband has had the same car for about 12 years. I drive it, maybe 5 or 6 times a year. Three times in those 12 years, there has been something wrong with the car that is ticket worthy(late registration, headlight out, etc.). But does Dean in all his 12 years of driving EVER get pulled over? NO! ALL 3 TIMES it was ME in one of my rare uses of his car that gets pulled over! WHY ME? It's not fair! (whine) Ok, I'm done. Wait, when I got home, I broke a glass. At 1 AM. Ok, now I'm done.

Today we finally got to have Alyssa's birthday party. We went to Saluda Splash for a Luau. The girls all had grass skirts and we did the Limbo, and of course played in the water. ) Alyssa always invites the same girls to her party. They are her friends from Ben Lippen. They don't see each other all year, but on Alyssa's birthday, they act like no time has passed at all. So sweet. Kai and Roan came along and had fun, even though it was a GIRL party! (says Kai) It was perfect weather, too, with a high of 83! Unfortunately, when we got home I had to go to work, but no biggie. Here are a couple more pics of the Luau:
This evening we had our 'family movie night' and watched 'Superman The Movie'. Sunday after church, we are going to the pool. Fun family weekend. Let's see, any more tidbits? Dean ran 19 miles this morning. He's officially started intensive training (after a short break after the May marathon he ran) for the marathon in December where he wants to qualify for the Boston Marathon. I do realize my blogs have been very 'Alyssa' lately, (and that I am currently rambling) but now that her birthday is out of the way, I promise to make every effort to show off my boys a bit! I think that's it for now, happy Sunday!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok...a few short observations...first...
where did that police car come from at the church? second...why did you get stopped...you can't just leave us hanging like that...third...the picture of Alyssa under the waterfall is beautiful...and last...I need a picture of my kid from this party...


Brandy

4:22 PM

 
Blogger Angie said...

1. Stock photo from the internet
2. Headlight was out
3. Thanks!
4. OK

5:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shot of Alyssa getting splashed is a true keeper.

- Dean

8:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home