The smallest letter, the least stroke of a pen...

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

CKC Charlotte

This past Saturday, I went to Charlotte with two friends of mine, Deborah and Leanet. We went to attend the Creating Keepsakes Convention. (Scrapbooking!) We had a lot of fun! I took three classes and loved shopping the Vendor Faire. At lunch we met with other Peas! (members of our online forum) It was great being able to finally meet some of them face to face. I love the forum 'Two Peas in a Bucket'. It is fascinating talking to people from all over the world about our love of scrapbooking. We all made name tags so we could identify each other. I won a prize for the best nametag! Thanks Deborah, for the RAK! Some of the other peas also brought gifts for everybody.Two of my classes were with Donna Downey. Deborah and I took the last class together. DD was a lot of fun! She is very funny and cute. By the end of the day, were were very tired but still quite able to enjoy an excellent dinner at Outback Steakhouse on the way home!

Now, back to life, back to reality....This week will be full of preparations for school. Yesterday, we got Alyssa's glasses repaired. We also have to schedule physicals for all three kids. We still haven't gone school supply shopping or clothes shopping. Next Monday is the big 'Champion Check-in' where we find out what teachers they have and fill out papers, get another school supply list, get our car line number, etc. etc. etc. A necessary evil, I suppose. And school starts next Thursday. Another necessary evil, I suppose. Most parents are glad at this point that school is back in session. Not me. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy having a few hours to myself, but Roan is still with me most of that time, so I'm not totally alone. And the trade off is getting up at O dark thirty in the morning and dealing with homework. YUCK. I hate homework. I know, I'm supposed to be a grown up and grow up. But in this case, I think I'll be stuck at age 12 for the rest of my life! So, instead of rejoicing, I'll be mourning the end of summer! We did have a pretty good one. We started off with a trip to Connecticut to attend Aunt Terri's graduation. Then we went to the mountains for a couple days with Grandpa, Grammy, and Aunt Amy's family. We've had lots of fun family time with daddy playing board games, watching movies, going swimming, going to the zoo, going to museums, going to work with daddy, going to Frankie's Fun Park, and just last week we went to the beach for the weekend! So can you blame me? Summer is almost over, and back to the grindstone! Oh, well. Que Sara Sara! (did I spell that right?)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time in Charlotte! WAAAAH I didn't get to go this year. I have met some fellow scrappers though so I'll have to start looking for things to do up this way. I know what you mean about school starting, it's nice to have the time to do things that you want to, but it's nice to sleep in a little too.

12:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time!

3:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home