The smallest letter, the least stroke of a pen...

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Alice Elizabeth Fuller 1913-2007

My Grammy passed away last week. She was 93 years old. She was a kind, sweet, graceful, classy lady. She was a faithful wife and loving mother/grandmother. She was beautiful. My husband says if I look like her as I grow older, he’ll be a happy man! She had a great sense of humor, too! I am so thankful my sisters and I were able to visit her for her birthday back in November. My parents were with her for Christmas, and her son was with her for New Year’s Day. She loved having her family with her. She had a stroke but went very peacefully. She read her bible daily, and the last verse she read the night before she passed was, “For this is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end. Psalm 48:14-15.” We will miss her, but only for a season. We rejoice that she is reuniting with her husband (Arnold Fuller, my Grampy, whom she has been without for 17 years) and her savior Jesus.

Fun fact about my grammy: She was the captain of her high school basketball team!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a special person. I remember the first day I met her. Liked her instantly.

2:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Angie,

I'm Rick, I run with Dean on most weekends. I was narcissistically reading Dean's blog about Mt. Mitchell and my Evel Knievel worthy crash and followed the link from his site to yours.

Anyway, I read down through some of your posts and thought your entry on your grandmothers passing was very touching. She sounded like a wonderful lady. It is truly amazing to put things in perspective that people we might envision only in the role we have known them lived their own full and wonderful lives, outside of being our parents & grandparents. That is just downright cool, captain of her high school basketball team.

rick

3:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home