The smallest letter, the least stroke of a pen...

Thursday, March 01, 2007

More Miscellaneous Information

Dean ran the Black Mountain Marathon last weekend and loved it. He was happy with his time. He’s really becoming interested in ‘adventure’ marathoning. A friend of his fell and hurt is knee. Rick was running the full 40 miles. He fell at mile 20 but finished the race. His knee was bleeding the whole time. When he finished it swelled up like a grapefruit. Of course, Dean was jealous and wished it had happened to him. Makes for a great story, you know. It’s gross, but here it is if you want to see it. Dean has decided that next year, he's going to do the full 40.

We finally got our new roof! We’ve been blessed in our recent endeavors to fix up the house. We want to sell it, but it needs some major work first. Last summer we had to replace the whole AC unit. As expensive as that is, we were referred to someone by a neighbor and got a really good price. Less than we thought. Now, with the roof, we originally thought it would be close to $4000. We had a friend at church quote it for $3000 but it ended up being only $2500! So, praise the Lord! Those were the main things to do. The next thing is to replace our deck. That thing is dangerous. Who knows, maybe we’ll finally get to move someday!

Alyssa got her ears pierced! This may not sound like a big deal, but it is. She is very afraid of pain, and has been wanting to do this for a couple years, but chickened out. The problem was everybody kept telling her that it didn’t hurt, that it was just a pinch. But when she would ask me, I’d say, “Yeah, it hurts!” So, maybe that put her off for a while, but when she finally did it she was very brave. I asked her, “So did it hurt?” She said, “YES, it hurt a lot!” She asked why people told her it was just a pinch. I explained that maybe for some people it really doesn’t hurt much, but others might say that just so she wouldn’t be scared. I told her I knew she would think it hurt and I didn’t want her to come back and say I lied to her. I think this was a great opportunity for her to learn, 1.) That she can be brave and take the pain, and 2.) Mommy won’t lie to her. She loves her earrings and is glad she got them.

Roan quote: “Mommy, I can NEVER go in my nose. It’s gross in there!”

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Oh yay!! Tell Alyssa I said congrats! That is awesome :-)

And good job with the roof! My neighbor had hers replaced this week. People everywhere.

Hey, it's Friday! Have a great weekend!

8:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home