The smallest letter, the least stroke of a pen...

Monday, April 09, 2007

Happy Resurrection Day!

We are currently enjoying spring break. In spite of the nasty pollen, the weather has been beautiful and our azaleas in full bloom! Unfortunately, we woke up Easter Sunday with a low temp of 26* and all the flowers frozen to death! O well, fortunately, I had already taken pics of them!

This year my friend Brandy and I had decided to try to make this weekend more Holy. For us, that meant, among other things, eating a special dinner at home, not at a restaurant! We moved any egg hunt stuff to Saturday and downplayed it, so we could make Sunday all about Jesus. We also went to our Good Friday Service, which, if you can believe it, I don’t think we’ve ever done before! For dinner we had Lamb, latkes (potato pancakes), green beans with garlic and tomatoes, Charoset (apple nut spread) with cinnamon bread, and Spinach salad (with strawberries, mandarin oranges, praline pecans, and raspberry vinaigrette, yum!). For dessert we had pear pie and caramel matzo crunch. Later in the evening we all had communion together. Brandy and I had a very tough time making all this happen. For the last couple of days, things just kept going wrong, and we were both highly irritated and having a difficult time getting into the spirit of things, so to speak. We decided we were under some kind of spiritual attack. You know, Satan would rather us celebrate Easter eggs and bunnies than bring up his ultimate failure by celebrating the resurrection! But, in spite of his interference, we succeeded in our attempt, and had a great day. I hope our families ‘got it’. I think they did. I know I was closer to God this weekend, and that was my goal.

Roan quote: Remember the bee story? Roan thought maybe the bee was here because it was Tuesday. Well, about a week later, we again walked outside and there was another big bee hovering right in front of our door. I told Roan, there’s that bee again. He asked me what day it was, and can you believe it? It was Tuesday!

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Great job on the feast! Sounds delicious :-)

And of course it was Tuesday. That's when the bees come out.

10:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home