The smallest letter, the least stroke of a pen...

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Can We Sleep Now?

Crazy weekend, but a good one. Thursday, Kai went to work with Dean. The kids love to do that, so Dean always tries to bring each kid to work with him at least twice during the summer. Friday, Roan spent the morning at the office, then they came home after lunch to get ready for the yard sale.

At our last yard sale 3 or 4 years ago, I swore I would never have another one, but Dean really wanted to. He couldn't WAIT to get rid of stuff. The problem we have is that we view things from completely different perspectives. I want to (reluctantly) sell some of my 'valued treasures' for a little extra money. Dean wants to get rid of 'all this crap', he doesn't care if he gives it away as long as it doesn't come back into the house! See the problem? Case in point: A customer approached Dean and asked how much we wanted for the area rug. (It's in good condition, just a little dirty) Dean said, 'Make me an offer." Naturally, no-one starts with a high number, they start low and haggle until you meet in the middle right? They offered $5.00. Dean said, "I'm sorry, I can't take $5.00 for this rug. How about $3?" Understand yet? I can't handle that. I spent most of the morning in the house. Admittedly, Dean did most of the work, but it was driving me crazy! I figured, what I don't hear/see, I can pretend didn't happen. The kids were cute though. They had a lemonade stand and made about 10 dollars!

Today, after church, Dean and the boys went swimming at a friends house while Alyssa and I went out for our 'Mommy-Daughter Date' for her birthday. (coming up on Tuesday!)She chose to eat lunch at Chili's. Then we went to the mall where she got a haircut and a new outfit. We finished off with a blizzard at Dairy Queen, and a 3 minute massage for a dollar in the massage chairs on the way out! When we got home, we all went to see 'Evan Almighty'. It was very kid friendly and funny. Our kids loved it. To read a review of this movie (and otheres) from a christian perspective check out Plugged-In Online. I always check this site before I bring my kids to a movie. It's very helpful in deciding whether I think a movie will be appropriate for my kids.

Roan Quote:
Roan: Do you promise?
Kai: yes.
Roan: do you promise?
Kai: yes.
Roan: DO YOU PROMISE?
Kai: YES!
Mommy: Roan, he said yes!
Roan: (walking away shaking his head) I just can't trust him.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

They learn so young....

6:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home