The smallest letter, the least stroke of a pen...

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Who Are You?

Really. I mean do you know who you are? ‘Cause I don’t. I’ve recently realized that I don’t know who the real me is. Or rather, I’m afraid I know who the real me is, and I don’t want anyone else to know, so I wear masks all the time. I’ve lost track of what is real and what is persona.

The dictionary definition of persona is: the mask or façade presented to satisfy the demands of the situation or the environment and not representing the inner personality of the individual; the public personality.

We all wear masks of some sort. The problem comes when you lose sight of who you really are. That’s me. Who am I? When will I have the courage to be that person? Maybe when I come to grips with my last two posts, I’ll know.

Roan Quote: When I went down to kiss Roan at bedtime last night, he asked, "What's wrong with me?" I looked at him and said, "I don't know, what's wrong with you?" He said, "I'm being so silly!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home