The smallest letter, the least stroke of a pen...

Friday, May 11, 2007

I'm 38 Years Old

Last Saturday, Alyssa’s Honor Choir performed at Carowinds 2007 Choral Festival. They rated a ‘Superior’! (In the above photo Alyssa is northwest of the red ribbon with the glasses and pony tail.) We all went as a family and had a great time. This was Roan’s first time and he loved it. All day long he kept thanking me for bringing him. We came dressed for warm weather, but it ended up being a bit chilly and it rained most of the day, but we’re troopers and had a great time anyway! The following is a pic of my boys on one of the kiddie rides. I love this picture because of their expressions. Especially Kai, looking too cool for a kiddie ride!

Monday I drove to Charlotte to meet Amy so we could try on our dress for Andrea’s wedding. Brad came too and watched the kids for us. Thanks Brad!

Monday night, Alyssa had her Spring Concert, the last choral event of the year. She did great and is going to miss it. She says she’s definitely going again next year.

Yesterday was my birthday! Dean seriously outdid himself! When I got home from dropping off Roan at his playgroup, Dean had returned from his run and he surprised me by taking me out to breakfast. When he got home from work later he gave me flowers! Then he took me to dinner at Motor Supply Company Bistro, a very cool restaurant where they have a new (handwritten) menu every day. It was delicious. Dean had pan seared sturgeon with creamy jasmine rice and asparagus, and I had a New York strip steak with mushrooms, mashed potatoes, and asparagus. I had crème brulee for desert, YUM! Then he took me to Bed, Bath and Beyond and bought me a new body pillow because mine is about 10 years old and flat and flabby. He told me before we got there that the gift he was going to get wasn’t very big but it was thoughtful. I have to agree, it was a very thoughtful gift. I love it! I slept with it last night, like a baby! Then we went to see Spiderman Three. I had a wonderful birthday with my awesome, thoughtful husband. Thanks, honey!

Spiderman Three review: Dean and I were exceptionally disappointed. Kind of like when we went to see X-Men 3. This is what Dean had to say about that movie:

“An ill conceived badly constructed television movie of the week and an embarrassment to the few good actors sorry enough to be under contract to make it. Forgettable, disappointing claptrap.”

He had this to say about Spiderman 3:

“It was a complete mess, it had 10 good minutes scattered throughout the movie, those 10 minutes were A+, the rest of the 2 hrs 10 min. were not as bad as X-Men 3, but that’s not saying much.”

I have to say I pretty much agree. The movie was a complete mess. There were too many bad guys, things didn’t make sense, the love story was depressing, and even the CGI was not very good in places. In my opinion, the best part of the movie was in the last 20 minutes. This was very disappointing. I loved Spiderman 2 and think it was the best superhero movie ever made! LOL. (But S-3 did not mar my wonderful birthday!)

Roan Quote: (keep in mind that he is only 4) Dean and Roan were talking and Roan said, “That’s so lame. Psyche!”

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SpiderMan 3 was just *so* disappointing. George Lucas (the maker of Attack of the Clones) called it "silly."

(Gasp) I must agree with him.

- D

11:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Should you not change your profile data?

- D

3:21 PM

 
Blogger Andrea said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Cute pics! I love Kai's look :-)

9:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home