The smallest letter, the least stroke of a pen...

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Weekend in Raleigh

This past weekend Alyssa and I went to Raleigh, NC to visit my sister Andrea who was having an open-house party to celebrate her new home. She and Jerry have really done a great job with the house. In my opinion, Andrea definitely has talent in the interior decorating department. Jerry apparently actually enjoys working out in the yard, which makes Andrea happy as it is not her cup of tea! (Me either!) Also, Jerry and Andrea just got engaged and I got to see the ring! It was Jerry’s grandmother’s ring and she wore it for 50 years! It is absolutely beautiful! (scroll down a couple posts for the picture!) Sunday afternoon, we went to the new South Point Mall to try on bridesmaid dresses. Here's the happy couple:I enjoyed having Alyssa with me. We had kind of a girl’s weekend. On Saturday, we all went to pick up the ring from the jewelers, and then we had lunch at Moe’s. After lunch, Andrea, Alyssa, and I got manicures and pedicures! FUN! Grandpa and Grammy came to the party that evening, too. Later, Alyssa and I went out with them for ice cream at Ben & Jerry’s. We had a fun weekend with family and I enjoyed my time with Alyssa.

Roan Quote: I was showing Roan pictures of Andrea’s house and we were talking about the wedding. He asked me when he would get married. I told him when he was grown up. He would find a woman he loved and marry her. He said, “Mommy, I love you, so, can you marry me?”

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

yay! We had a great time :-) I'm glad you could come!

9:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home