The smallest letter, the least stroke of a pen...

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Keepin' Busy

Last week Alyssa spent a lot of time with her friend, Savannah, swimming, bike riding, spending the night…so in order to do something special with the boys while Alyssa was out gallivanting, I took them to the beach at Lake Murray. It was a perfect day. The sun was hot, but the water was cool. It was beautiful and we had a great time. Then on Saturday, I woke up to breakfast prepared by Alyssa! She made scrambles eggs with toast, fruit (bananas, grapes, apples) and orange juice! She had also made a placard that said ‘Thank You Mommy’. She said it was for letting her do all that fun stuff with her friend that week. Sweet! Later, while I was at work, Dean took the kids to the pool for 5 hours! Sunday night we went to the Botanical Gardens at Riverbanks Zoo and watched ‘A Bug’s Life’ in their outdoor amphitheater. That was really nice, too. We’re going to go again next week to see ‘The Wild’.

Monday, I finally signed the kids up for camp. It was a close call. The week I had planned on sending them was full, but fortunately they still had room in a different week. I would have been seriously up the creek if my kids didn’t get to go to camp this year. I’m not sure they would’ve forgiven me for that one! I also signed Roan up for a half-day camp at the YMCA. He is very excited!

Monday was also my parents’ 40th anniversary and they are currently celebrating in Jerusalem with Israel’s 40th anniversary of the Six-Day War! Cool, huh? Can’t wait to hear all about it!

Bike Update: Yeah, I know, do you really care? Here it is anyway: We finally bought Alyssa’s new bike last week. She loves it. Unfortunately, we woke up this morning to find that three of our bikes were stolen off of our front porch in the middle of the night. We filed a police report hoping to at least collect insurance, but apparently did not meet the deductible. Is God trying to tell me something?

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Aww I can't believe Alyssa made that breakfast for you! How sweet!

And seriously?? With the bikes???? It may be time for rollerblades.

2:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home