The smallest letter, the least stroke of a pen...

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Wrapping up July

Last week Kai and Alyssa went away to Bethel Christian Camp, which is happily only about 20 minutes away in Gaston, SC. They love it there and had a great time.

















This year for the first time, Roan got to attend camp of sorts. He went to half day camp at the YMCA. He had a wonderful time swimming, playing in the new splash pad, and making new friends. All of this 'camp stuff' happening gave me some free time, too! I had the mornings all to myself. Monday, Dean and I even got to go out to breakfast together! Tuesday I woke up not feeling well and after dropping Roan off was free to come home and go back to bed....aways a nice thing. I even got to do a little shopping. The evenings were quiet and that is when Dean was able to finish the dinosaur mural. We had a nice quiet week, but are happy to have our 'noisemakers' back!

Saturday, I went to Charlotte with my friend Deborah to attend CKC, a scrapbook convention. We haven't seen each other in a long time, so it was great to catch up. We had fun wandering the vendor fair and we each took a class. I even won a door prize! On the way home we ate at Cracker Barrel.....mmm.....yum! FYI, there is a new Cracker Barrel being built a mile from my house! Yipee!

This month is going to be a bit crazy. It is full of doctor's appointments, school meetings, school shopping, the first day of school and last but definitely NOT least, Andrea's wedding!

(Don't forget to visit my photo blog!)

Roan Quote: "Kai, you are funnier than a coconut head!"

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Sounds like you all had a great week! Can't wait to see you!

9:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home