The smallest letter, the least stroke of a pen...

Monday, July 23, 2007

Amy's Visit

Amy and her kids, Canyon and Aly, came back with us from Boone last week. They were able to stay the whole week, which was great. All five kids went to VBS which was obviously good for them, but also gave Amy and I 3 hours each morning to ourselves. We did some shopping, had lunch a couple times and generally enjoyed each other's company without 5 lovable distractions.

Wednesday, we all went to the zoo. Dean met us there, too, for a little while. While we were there, it poured rain. The kids loved it! They were running and dancing and didn't care a whit about getting wet, while we grown-ups were huddling under trees and alcoves.
















Saturday, I had to work all day at the Scrapbook Store, so Dean shouldered the responsibility of all five kids so Amy could come too and catch up on her scrapping. Brad arrived later in the afternoon and picked Amy up for a bit. From five to midnight, my church scrap group meets once a month. So Amy came back for the rest of the evening. I got more scrapping done Saturday than in the last 3 months! That was great. Brad and Dean took the kids to a park, then to Ci-Ci's pizza.

Sunday after church, we got a babysitter so the four us could see Die Hard 4. It was highly improbable (absurdly impossible) but fun. Amy and the family then went home. Now, I think I catch up on some sleep.....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed the crop. Next time I hope. I know you are exhausted from your weekend. I hope that sleep works for you. I missed Roan's Words of Wisdom. How was the movie?

6:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home